Tuesday, October 7, 2008

No longer a creature of captivity

Many times in my life I've tamed wild horses
I've repeated the process countless times
I have the strength & courage to break the free-spirit of a stallion
But I don't know how to tame my own
My spirit burns for experience
It longs for numerously different adventures
It is not easily broken by reigns of comfort
Nor is it domesticated by fences
It has the ability to leap higher than these fences
It's passion to run is not altered by the whips of reality
How can a wild animal be tamed?
How can a firey spirit be calmed?
How can passion & peace co-exist in the heart of a woman?
Should such a spirit be brought to a place of restraint?
Or should it be allowed to roam & run in fields of freedom & liberation?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Restraint...I like the word. Good blog sweetheart.