Thursday, January 29, 2009

Shut up & Go

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE CHURCH AND BE THE CHURCH YOU WANT TO SEE
What kind of church do I want to be?
  • One whose doors are never locked
  • One that is hospitable and inviting -- into my home, my life & my heart
  • One that roams the alleys, country clubs, forest and prisons -- loving all of creation (perhaps preaching to the birds as Francis of Assisi)
  • One that is not afraid to encounter the life-shattering depths of Scripture and share it with others
  • One that encourages questions -- without always needing an answer
  • One that serves with my own hands -- not just my pocket books
  • One that encouranges imagination & creativity in a dull world of robots

There is more I'm sure, but for now -- this is the church I want to be. What kind of church do you want to be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the church you came up with. My recent blog can be used to see one of my biggest desires for the church. I like your thoughts beautiful!