Friday, January 23, 2009

Life Before Death




*this blog is credited to Shane Claiborne and the inspiration his thoughts, words and life have been to me.


Why are we waiting for eternity?

Eternity has begun.

It is not waiting for us.

We shouldn't wait for it.

We preach the coming of Christ to redeem us.

We preach the beauty of a heaven with no sorrow.

Yet all around us all of creation is groaning for liberation.

I am sick of hearing about life after death.

I want to know life before death.

I want others to know life before death.

It is obvious we cannot wait.

We must storm the gates of Hell on Earth and free the captives.

We must hear the whisper of God in the baby refugees and the crack addicts.

We cannot let our hope for redemption become stale.

We cannot let eternity slip through our fingers.

The time is now.


May God help me storm the gates of Hell. May God help me use only what I need and deliver me from my greed. May God teach me to love all people, Muslims and Evangelicals, Liberals and Conservations, The poor and the rich.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen Lovely.