Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It Wasn't Me



I have a problem.

Many, truthfully.

But this one in particular is a virile steamroller.

I despise being misinterpreted.

Not only despise -- but it destructs my daily activities.

Atleast until I confront these misinterpretations --

Either with the one who has perceived these misconceptions

or with myself.

I want people to know me.

To truly know me.

And not only to know me,

But to distinguish me.

In spite of this, I canopy myself and prance around in a masquerade.

I put on the veil of humor, crudeness or simple avoidance.

I am tremulous and hesitant to share myself.

I have this fear that someone will point out some inconsistency or flow in my being.

Possibly, I am more fearful to come to the conclusion that I'm not who I think I am.

Perhaps I'm merely a walking billboard of idealogies.

With no depth.

I think I am being challenged to discover me -- my thoughts, my ideas, my beliefs, my likes, my dislikes.

And it's quite enjoyable.

Truly being what I want to be.


Recommendations:

1. Gather fresh chicken eggs into a basket and make them for breakfast.

2. Go to Syria.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely cry for authenticity even though it hurts. And also the suggestions...Love it.

Kelly said...

This is simply beautiful...raw, real and compelling. Thank you for sharing your journey to you.